NHS Test and Trace
The NHS Test and Trace service launched.
The service is a key part of the Government's plan to keep the virus under control while carefully and safely lifting the lockdown nationally.
In brief, the new service means that:
- If you have symptoms you must self-isolate immediately
- You must book a test – if you test positive you will be contacted within 24 hours. Testing has been extended to the under fives
- People you have been in close contact with will be traced
- They will be instructed to self-isolate for 14 days regardless of whether they have symptoms or not
- If there is a local outbreak, we will work with the Joint Biosecurity Centre and Public Health England to control it